More InfoYour Valley Massage Oasis
Early appointment cancellations (24 hours or more) are always appreciated. In the event that you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment and do not reschedule within 24 hours of the originally scheduled time:
- A reschedule with the same therapist for a new appointment on the same day will not result in a charge.
- A same day reschedule or cancellation will result in a $20.00 charge for 30 minutes, a $35.00 charge for 60 minutes, and a $00 charge for 90 minutes, unless your scheduled time period can be filled by another client.
- If you reschedule an appointment on the same day but with a different therapist, this will result in a late fee of $10.00, unless the original appointment can be filled by another client.
- We will always work with you to help you avoid being assessed a charge.
Client Conduct / Rights
Massage ESCAPES provides professional spa treatments only, and are not sexual in any way. We maintain a zero tolerance policy for improper client conduct no matter how subtle. If a client touches a therapist, makes any sexual or suggestive comments or inferences, intentionally exposes themselves in an improper manner, or displays any other type of sexual behavior, the following will occur:
- The therapist will immediately terminate the massage.
- If needed, the client will be required to pay any balance due for the massage.
- The client will be asked to leave the premises and not be allowed back.
- Other actions may be taken as needed or required, up to and including prosecution.
If a client should experience any pain or discomfort during their massage therapy treatment, it is the client’s responsibility to immediately inform the therapist so that the pressure, manipulations, draping, and/or environment may be adjusted to their level of comfort.
A client has the right to immediately terminate their massage session at any time they choose to do so.
Massage therapy is not a replacement for medical care and no medical diagnosis will be made by our therapists.
Massage therapists are not qualified to perform spinal or skeletal adjustments, nor prescribe or treat any physical or mental illness.
Nothing the therapist does or says should be construed as a substitute for a medical examination, diagnosis, or treatment.
Because massage therapy may be contraindicated due to certain medical conditions, all clients must complete a Health Intake form indicating all known immediate or chronic medical conditions.
All clients must agree to keep massage ESCAPES updated as to any changes in medical history going forward.
Credit Card policy
A valid credit or debit card is required to hold all appointments, unless you are presenting a pre-purchased Gift Certificate for your appointment. If your credit or debit card has expired or been denied, you will be requested to provide a current card.
A 25% deposit (unless otherwise advertised) is required for all specialty packages, and any additional spa services or combination of services exceeding 2 hours in duration. The deposit will be charged to your credit or debit card on file at the time the appointment is scheduled, and is completely refundable if the appointment is cancelled within 24 hours or more prior to the time of the appointment. If the appointment is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the appointment, the massage ESCAPES cancellation policies apply (please see the Cancellation Policies submenu).
The initial deposit will be applied to the final bill which is due at the time of service.
“Draping” refers to how you will be covered during your massage session. You always have the option of undressing to your personal level of comfort for your therapy treatment.
To comply with state and local laws, we have adopted the following draping policies for the protection and privacy of both our clients and therapists. Draping methods can vary based upon the type of therapy and may also vary slightly from therapist to therapist. However, for all massage therapy sessions we use industry standard, professional draping which we refer to as “Full Body Draping”:
- Sheets are used for draping the entire body and you will be fully covered at all times.
- Only the areas of the body where the therapist is working will be undraped and exposed.
- Only the areas of the skin NOT covered by clothing will be undraped for body work.
- The therapist will work over the sheet on areas where you have left clothing on.
- The therapist is not allowed to move clothing out of the way or tuck sheets into clothing.
- Should you choose to fully undress, the therapist has the option of undraping and exposing those areas of your body to work directly on the skin, at your consent.
Some of our specialty therapies require the therapist to use “Minimal Body Draping” and, occasionally, you may prefer a more minimal draping style:
- Sheets are used for minimal draping and requires that only your genitals and gluteal crease be covered. This form is called a “diaper drape”. The breast area for females will be covered using a towel.
- You may choose to leave undergarments (underwear and all bra types) in lieu of using any sheets at all, as long as your genitals and gluteal crease are covered, and the breast area for females.
- The therapist is not allowed to massage any areas where you are covered by clothing or undergarments unless a sheet is used over the clothing.
- The therapist is not allowed to move clothing out of the way or tuck sheets into clothing.
It is the prerogative of the therapist to decline the use of minimal draping.
Email, Texting and Non-Solicitation Policy
We will use your email address on file for appointment reminders, promotions, or other massage ESCAPES news and offers. Your privacy is very important to us! We will never sell or provide your contact information to anyone. To unsubscribe to promotions, news, and offers, you may simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link that is at the bottom of every email you receive from us.
You may also opt in for text message reminders if you prefer.
Gift Certificates Policy
Gift Certificates may be purchased for a dollar amount or for a specific package or therapy service.
Gift Certificates with a cash value can be used towards any therapies or products at massage ESCAPES. They do not include gratuities unless purchased to include gratuities and indicated as such on the Gift Certificate. They cannot be used to purchase other Gift Certificates and cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or coupon.
The cash value of ALL Gift Certificates never expires.
Gift Certificates purchased for a specific package or therapy treatment expires one calendar year from the purchase date. After one year we will still honor the Gift Certificate for the cash value or dollar amount paid only. For example:
- If you buy a Gift Certificate for a massage session on sale you have one year to use it for a massage session at that price.
- After one year from the purchase date of the Gift Certificate you may use it for the face value, but you may no longer be able to get that same massage therapy at that price, in which case you may use it towards a massage session but will be required to pay a price difference, if any.
- The same example is valid for any other therapies or products offered by massage ESCAPES.
Gift Certificates purchased for a specific therapy can be used only for that therapy only. If the recipient prefers a different type of therapy, he or she may use the Gift Certificate for the dollar value applied towards the preferred therapy of equal value or greater (required to pay a price difference, if any).
All prepaid massage ESCAPES Gift Certificates are non-refundable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Certificates cannot be used on the same day they are purchased.
Gift Certificates for a specific Spa Package or therapy treatment cannot be combined with any other coupon, special offer or discount.
It is recommended that a 15%, 18%, or 20% gratuity be provided to your therapist on the day of your appointment. All gratuities should be based upon the full regular price of the therapy, not on the discounted price (if purchased as a special, or if paid with a Gift Certificate). The following table is provided to assist you with the recommended gratuity amount:
|Gratuity amount||$69.00 massage||$99.00 massage|
We recommend tipping your therapist directly in cash; however, we can also add your tip to a credit card if needed.
Minors are permitted to receive massage therapy at massage ESCAPES. However, the following policies must be adhered to:
- Minor clients under the age of 18 (unless an emancipated minor) must have written consent by the parent (or legal guardian).
- The massage therapist will collaborate with both the minor and parent (or legal guardian) to align on the goals for the therapy.
- Minors will be placed with therapists of the same gender (i.e. male with a male and female with a female).
- Minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by the parent (or legal guardian) in the room during the therapeutic massage session.
- Once a therapeutic relationship has been established with a massage therapist and both the minor and parent (or legal guardian) are in agreement, the parent (or legal guardian) may not need be present in the room.
- Full Body draping will be used at all times. Please refer to the Draping Policy submenu for explanation.
Oncology Massage Policies
Oncology massage is a therapy tailored for the person in cancer treatment or recovery. It is important that you consult with your physician prior to receiving any therapeutic massage treatment. Massage ESCAPES will require signed approval from your treating physician.
Unlike many other massage modalities, oncology massage is not a series of techniques or applied protocols. Rather, it is the therapist’s ability to identify and work within a framework of clinical considerations in order to make bodywork adjustments that may be required as a result of any positioning, pressure, or site considerations (i.e. medical devices, treatment-related side effects from medication, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or surgery), and the required massage stroke direction modifications if any lymph nodes were compromised during any medical treatment.
Your massage therapist will customize your massage to address your individual needs, ask you throughout your massage to assess your level of comfort, and then make any requested adjustments to your therapy.
Payment is due when you receive your therapy services.
We accept payment by credit card, debit card or with cash.
When you receive any therapeutic services, you authorize massage ESCAPES to charge your credit or debit card on file, and / or use any prepaid services or unredeemed gift certificates you or someone has purchased for you in the past. If you do not have a credit or debit card on file, you will be required to pay at the time you arrive for your therapy session. All sales are final and all therapy services received must be paid in full at the time you check out.
A combination of coupons, Gift Certificates, discounts or other special offers may not be combined to pay for the same service.
Pregnancy / Prenatal Policies
Congratulations! If you are pregnant and wish to receive massage therapy, we will require the following from you prior to your appointment:
- Verbal notification of your pregnancy by you to massage ESCAPES.
- A permission note from your physician, or verbal permission from your physician to us.
- You will need to sign a consent form, in addition to the client intake form, that informs us about your pregnancy.
- Any and all warming therapies cannot be provided to pregnant women for the safety of you and your fetus, as it raises your body temperature.
- Prenatal massage therapy cannot exceed 60 minutes in duration.
Spa Packages Policies
A 25% deposit (unless otherwise advertised) is required when booking a Specialty Spa Package with massage ESCAPES. The deposit will be applied to the final bill which is due at the time of service.
Spa Packages may be booked online, however, a credit or debit card on file is required to purchase and reserve your appointment, so please call us to make an appointment for the advertised Spa Package of your choice.
Spa Packages cannot be combined with other coupons, specials or discounts offered by massage ESCAPES.
As with other therapies, our Gratuities Policy applies. Please refer to the Gratuities Policy submenu for clarification.